Welcome to Myst's Stories.

I hope you enjoy the stories I have written.

I would love to receive feedback and can be e-mailed at readsmyst@aol.com.



Friday, December 17, 2010

Letter to David

As he opened the envelope, David subconsciously knew what he'd see.

"If you're reading this David, you know I've left you.

I "legally" became an adult three weeks ago, on August 23rd, and in charge of my own life. We've been married three years, five months and 16 days, and during that time you've never cared what my opinion was or asked me what I wanted to do. Did you think that all my opinions were the same as yours because I said 'Yes, David, Of course David, or What do you think David?'

I learned the hard way that the only answers you were interested in were those that agreed with yours. You told me to never say no to you or I would be spanked. It only took two spanking to make me learn that lesson. I'm not a slow learner.

I never got a birthday present from you, not even a card, even though we celebrate the birthday of everyone else in the family, as well as your own. Do you even know when my birthday is?

For my Christmas present last year you gave me a green sweater. I hate green on me, I look awful in it. I've never worn it, and didn't take it with me; it's still in the closet where I hung it that day.

At first I thought the lack of presents was due to your not knowing what to get me, or that money was tighter than I thought, so I mentioned a book I'd like to have or something inexpensive,
but you didn't pay attention.

I won't ask that you support me. I did however take $5,000.00 from the bank account in cash. Don't blame the bank. Poor Mr. Johnson, I could see he wanted to know why I needed that much money, but he could tell I wasn't going to explain. He probably thought we'd had an emergency and needed cash right away.

Don't try and follow me, or get me back. I won't divorce you; I won't bring shame on the rest of the family in that way, but if you try to get me back I'd have no problem in proving that my husband neglected me and my well being."


Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment