Welcome to Myst's Stories.

I hope you enjoy the stories I have written.

I would love to receive feedback and can be e-mailed at readsmyst@aol.com.



Sunday, December 12, 2010

Holiday Spirits

David wasn't sure what was going on, but Josh had been acting strange since he'd walked in the door. It wasn't anything that David could put his finger on, but definitely not normal. When David asked if anything was wrong all he got was a grin and "holiday spirits."

As they got ready for bed Josh asked, "Will you help me with this sweater, I think it's caught."

David turned and reached over, freeing it from the belt loop it had been caught on. As Josh pulled the sweater over his head, David gasped, then started laughing. "Wow, I know you like Christmas, but isn't painting Santa's head, three reindeer and a sleigh on your chest a bit much?"

"Do you like it?" Josh asked with a grin, glad the reaction was so positive. "I had Becky do it for me as soon as I got off work."

"Yes I like it, and your sister is more artistic than I thought. Good thing there is only four days until Christmas, I'm sure it will itch until it finally fades. Hopefully it will be gone by then."

"Um..."

"Um? Um what?"

"Well, this isn't the normal body paint that fades in a couple of days." With a smirk Josh quickly added, "This is edible body paint. Santa's hat is peppermint. And the reindeer are chocolate. Want to find out what the rest is?" He barely got the last word out as he was tackled and pushed onto the bed.

"I'm going to find out what everything is. And, you're going to love every second of it, if I have my way."


 

No comments:

Post a Comment